Shadows on the Vatican: Nightingale is an interactive short story in videogame form. It’s the first project powered by INarEn technology.
Cristiano Caliendo wrote Nightingale in 2017, as a short story set in the "Shadows on the Vatican" universe. When Dario Scarpa read it, he had recently tested (and appreciated) Ink and its Unity integration, and the idea of turning it into an interactive short story started getting discussed. After some editing and expansion, and a bit of programming, they had a functioning Ink/Unity prototype, but the project was put on hold. Years later, they decided to resurrect it and bring it to the next level: a new UI was designed, many features were added, and some amazing artist joined the production providing graphics and music.
- Available Languages: English, Italian
- About one hour of gameplay
- Original soundtrack
- "TextActing" dynamic text display
- Synchronized music
- "Continuous paging" text scrolling
- Mouse, keyboard or gamepad controls
- Interactive timeline
- Ability to rewind to any branch point
- Controls to skip/ffwd already read text fragments
Trailer — YouTube
Gameplay — YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Binary Charm
- Games and Tech from Interactive Fiction to Virtual Reality
- More information
- More information on Binary Charm, our logo & relevant media are available here.